This is a fairly simple soap, so if you have a batch or two under your belt, this is totally do-able for you if you have only a little experience! Cranberry Pomegranate Bramble Berry Fragrance is fresh, fruity and lively and lovely in Cold Process Soap. The Cranberry Pomegranate Fragrance will slightly thicken the trace, allowing you to spoon a nice textured top using simple layering and a good soap to learn this technique.
This soap uses just one colourant, Pink Raspberry Mica which is easy to mix in some distilled water and then into your soap. This is a modified coat hanger technique. We've finished it off with some Rainbow Glitter and then stamped the sliced loaf with our now retired, Savon Stamp for more appeal! You can see our other custom stamps here. The White Pearl Mica lightens up the minor discolouration from the fragrance.
- Your usual Cold Process Soaping equipment and safety gear
- Mini mixer or milk frother for mixing colours - optional
- Small jug to hold around 300g traced soap and still take the stick blender
- Small cups for the colour mixing
Place 5ml (1 teaspoon) Distilled Water in a small container and mix 2/3 teaspoon Raspberry Mica Powder into it and stir eliminating any dry particles
Place 5ml (1 teaspoon) Distilled Water in a small container and mix 2/3 teaspoon White Pearl Mica Powder into it and stir eliminating any dry particles
If you are a beginner, we recommend you make a few batches before attempting this soap due to the hot gel. For how to make soap from Scratch, please see our Cold Process Soapmaking Instructions. You can also watch Soap Queen's You Tube Series on Cold Process Soapmaking.
Cranberry Pomegranate Cold Process Soap Tutorial from Aussie Soap Supplies on Vimeo.
- Prepare the soap as usual, don't forget to add the Sodium Lactate Plus, then pour off a cup or so into the jug and mix the Raspberry Mica in well with a mini mixer or spatula. Adjust the amount of colour if you want a more subtle colour. Keep the pink soap at thin trace
- Add the White Pearl Mica liquid to the main portion of the batch and mix through
- Stir through Cranberry Pomegranate Fragrance into the main pot and then pour approximately 3/4 of this into the mould
- Drizzle the pink soap over the surface of the soap and then take a stirring stick or spatula and swirl it down into the white soap in a few places
- If the rest of the scented soap is not a heavy trace, give a quick blast with the stick blender and then spoon over the top of the soap in the mould
- Adjust the top to give some texture and sprinkle lightly with Rainbow Glitter
- Insulate as usual to gel
- Leave in the mould several days, then unmould and slice as usual
If using trolley ingredients, you need to buy Olive Oil, Distilled Water and Lye from your local supermarket.