Gels, Gums & Humectants
Aloe, Sodium Lactate, dl Panthenol, Glycerine are all humectants that you will find invaluable!
Castorlene Gel is a natural vegetable substitute for petroleum (Vaseline) jelly, also known as Natural Wax Jelly and Natural Castor Wax Gel. Learn More
Glycerine (aka Glycerin, Glycerol) is a by product of saponification, however it is also produced commerically and is a sugar-alcohol and naturally present in many oils and fats (in the form of triglycides). Our Palm Free glycerine is sourced from Non-GMO canola oil. Learn More
Water Soluble (No Palm Oil) Learn More
This naturally derived, soluble form of Hydrolyzed Whole Oats that contains mainly oligosaccharides (carbohydrates). This novel skin care ingredient can be used to improve the feel properties of creams and lotions and imparts a soft, cushiony feel on the skin, giving it a near-velvet smoothness after drying.
Gluten Free? We do not specifically list Hydrolyzed Oats as Gluten Free 'just in case'. This product manufactured using proprietary hydrolysis of Oats. The raw oat material may contain gluten and therefore some traces of gluten may remain. The manufacturer has tested several batches and they all contained less than 20 ppm gluten.
We do not have the Australia Threshold Limits. However this threshold limit is recognized by the FDA and Health Canada and is also recognized internationally in the Codex Alimentarius Standard for Foods for Special Dietary Use for Persons Intolerant to Gluten (Codex Stan 118-1979) which states that the gluten content of foods labelled gluten free shall not exceed 20 ppm. To the best of Aussie Soap Supplies knowledge, we are not aware of any threshold limits for gluten in cosmetics.
Water Soluble (No Palm Oil) Learn More
This is a naturally derived, hydrolyzed wheat protein that contains wheat oligosaccharides (carbohydrates) and constitutes a unique hydrating complex offering a combination of moisture-balancing and film-forming properties that work to give hair better body control, and skin, a smoother softer feel.
Download the Product Flyer HERE
Download Information and Technical Slides PDF HERE
- Take care when mixing: Do not over mix and avoid creating and trapping air into the gel as this can put the finished product under stress, speeding up oxidation and therefore creating instability or a disturbance/change in colour.
- Sprinkle Sepimax™ Zen over the surface of the water phase and leave without stirring for 3 to 8 hours (or overnight) to hydrate.
- If you have a mixer with RPM shown, you can sprinkle Sepimax™Zen over the surface of the water phase and blend using the lowest speed - approximately 500rpm initially and then slowly increase the speed to 1500rpm as you add the electrolytes (ie Salt), for approximately 10 minutes to allow it to hydrate.
- For a creamy gel: sprinkle Sepimax Zen® into the hot or cold OIL phase. Then continue as usual, adding the oil phase to the water phase.
- To thicken synergistically: Use 1% in the OIL phase with fatty alcohols (eg cetyl, cetearyl, or behenyl alcohols) to increase the viscosity in emulsions quite dramatically.
- To increase foam density when formulating with surfactants: Use 2% to produce a creamy, soft, foamy lather. Used in this way you will also achieve thickening in anionic and non-ionic formulations.
- Use at 1% to incorporate a high oil content (10 – 20% - we recommend small trial batches) into a gel when coupled with a natural polymer like xanthan gum, guar gum, agar, pectin and some cellulose
- If you love Oliv-Emulse, but are having some stability issues, we suggest trying 0.6 – 0.8% Sepimax Zen into the water phase, hydrate as per previous instructions and proceed as usual.
Naturally derived, starch-based (maize) powder that creates a satiny feel and assists maintain a stable emulsion. Learn More
Xanthan Gum is a sugar based, natural thickener and gellant which can be used in emulsions and surfactant systems (lotions and shampoo). Learn More