Liquid Shea Oil is rich in oleic acid (omega 9) and 5 -10% phytosterols which offer moisturising and soothing properties. Liquid Shea offers excellent emollience and is a must in moisturisers and lotions, and is really useful in hair care products too. vThe inclusion of Shea Oil in your skin care helps to protect the skin from harsh weather conditions, both the heat and scorching sun of summer and the drying cold winter winds. Shea Oil helps to maintain the cutaneous barrier and reduce TEWL (trans epidermal water loss).
Liquid Shea Oil spreads quickly with excellent absorption properties, leaving the skin soft and smooth with a pleasant after feel. Due to its unique combination of triglycerides and unsaponifiable fractions it is an important moisturiser that helps to retain the elasticity of the skin.
There are no chemicals used to process our Shea Oil, and its processing enables you to make emulsions without any graininess (the crystallisation effect) that can occur with regular shea butter. Shea Oil, like Fractionated Coconut Oil never becomes a solid, it remains a liquid emollient at room temperature. Using heat, pressure and filtration (no solvents) the natural shea butter is processed producing this clear, liquid shea oil with all the benefits of Shea Butter, but lighter and less greasy when applied directedly to the skin.
- Suitable for sensitive, baby, elderly and extra dry skin
- Particularly good for darkly pigmented skin (such as Aboriginal, African and African American skin-tones)
- Can be used during pregnancy and blends well with Apricot Kernel Oil
- Has protective properties and inhibits the formation of free radicals
- No graininess (like regular Shea Butter) offering a smoother textured end product
- Virtually no aroma
- All natural process, no solvents or chemicals used - just heat, pressure and filtration
- Light in texture, less waxy than regular Shea Butter
- Soothing and good for sun damaged skin.
- A very stable oil
- Can be used neat, directly on the skin
Beneficial companion oils:
For sensitive skin: blend with Rosehip Hip Oil
For baby products: blend with Apricot Kernel Oil, Roship Oil and regular Organic Shea Butter
Darkly pigmented skin: blend with Avocado Oil, Organic Shea Butter and Coconut Oil
Suggested Usage Levels: Skin care: 1 - 100%, Balms & Body Care: 2 - 15%, Hair Care: 1 - 10%, Baby Care to 15%, Massage Oils: 20%
Saponification value, mgKOH/g 175,0 – 195,0
Appearance, 25°C Liquid
Organic standard: EcoCert
Country of origin : France
THIS IS A LIQUID OIL, NOT SOLID SHEA BUTTER - Our Shea Butter Oil (Shea Oil) has replaced our Liquid Shea Butter.
Note: Due to the product composition, solids may form over time when stored at temperature below 15°C. Warm to 35 - 40°C and mix to return them into solution.