Conditioners & Thickeners
Ingredients for skin and hair care, conditioning agents enhance your product and contribute a conditioned, elegant feel. We introduced Conditioning Emulsifier to Australia in 2004, and it's still one of our top sellers due to its versatility and ease of use!
Butter Easy is especially suitable for anhydrous products including:
- All oil based lip products and balms including lipstick
- All Balms and salves
- Moisturisers for body and foot care
- Substitute for Cera Bellina if a Vegan product is preferred
Butter Easy is a structuring agent offering good emolliency and is:
- Made from pure sunflower oil
- GMO Free
- Trans Fat Free (no isomers)
- Has predicable viscosity build-up
- Standardised consistency factor
- Facilitates production of balms and ointments with specific oils and not require preservatives of any kind
- Produces soft balms
- Suitable for Nappy Rash Cream
- Facilitates the application on lips
Melt Point: 62 - 72 °C
Hardness (Cone penetration, 25°C): 13
100% vegetable origin (Sunflower)
Long Shelf Life
Suitable for Vegans
This ingredient is a replacement for our Butter Up! - it is as near a replacement as possible, it passed all our trials.
Butter Up! is also useful to sub into Lip Balm and Massage products if you experience issues with graininess. You can sub it in with less Shea Butter for instance, or as an extender, or make it even more buttery by eliminating the Shea if it causes problems. Learn More
73% Organic, enriched with Jojoba, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera Learn More
Our new Cream Conditioner Base has a light, velvety texture and is quat-free (quaternary compounds cannot be included in organic certified products), unfragranced and gentle. This base is enriched with nourishing emollients, though it will accept up to 3% extra additives if you want to include Polyquat 7 or proteins in your conditioner.
Included in this kit:
- Conditioning Emulsifier 25
- dl Panthenol Powder
- Genadvance® Hydra
- Nipaguard SCV (Preservative)
- 1 x 10ml Bramble Berry Fragrances with Dripolator
- 1 x 10ml Essential Oils with Dripolator
- 10ml Pure Essential Oil Blend with Dripolator
- 2 x 500ml Stubby Shampoo Bottles
- 1 x 12 x 9” Ziplock Bag – to “pipe” the Hair Conditioner into the bottles
- 1 x Citric Acid
1 x Shampoo Bottle Pump
1 x Short Glass Thermometer
Download the Product Flyer HERE
Download Information and Technical Slides PDF HERE
- Take care when mixing: Do not over mix and avoid creating and trapping air into the gel as this can put the finished product under stress, speeding up oxidation and therefore creating instability or a disturbance/change in colour.
- Sprinkle Sepimax™ Zen over the surface of the water phase and leave without stirring for 3 to 8 hours (or overnight) to hydrate.
- If you have a mixer with RPM shown, you can sprinkle Sepimax™Zen over the surface of the water phase and blend using the lowest speed - approximately 500rpm initially and then slowly increase the speed to 1500rpm as you add the electrolytes (ie Salt), for approximately 10 minutes to allow it to hydrate.
- For a creamy gel: sprinkle Sepimax Zen® into the hot or cold OIL phase. Then continue as usual, adding the oil phase to the water phase.
- To thicken synergistically: Use 1% in the OIL phase with fatty alcohols (eg cetyl, cetearyl, or behenyl alcohols) to increase the viscosity in emulsions quite dramatically.
- To increase foam density when formulating with surfactants: Use 2% to produce a creamy, soft, foamy lather. Used in this way you will also achieve thickening in anionic and non-ionic formulations.
- Use at 1% to incorporate a high oil content (10 – 20% - we recommend small trial batches) into a gel when coupled with a natural polymer like xanthan gum, guar gum, agar, pectin and some cellulose
- If you love Oliv-Emulse, but are having some stability issues, we suggest trying 0.6 – 0.8% Sepimax Zen into the water phase, hydrate as per previous instructions and proceed as usual.
Naturally derived, starch-based (maize) powder that creates a satiny feel and assists maintain a stable emulsion. Learn More