BRAMBLE BERRY TUTORIAL
FEATURING LEMON HONEY FRAGRANCE OIL
Original Project can be found HERE
This formula is full of skin-loving ingredients like shea butter, beeswax, and colloidal oatmeal. It's great for dry skin.
You have to try this Honey & Oat Cream - it's somewhere between a body butter and a lotion.
The recipe has moisturising ingredients like shea butter (and honeyquat), and beeswax that gives it a thick texture. But it's also made with water so it doesn't feel too heavy on the skin. Basically, it's the best of both worlds!
Author: Bramble Berry
Makes: TWO batches of 4 x 4oz (125ml) Jars (with ingredients left over)
This tutorial is in imperial measurements - either flick your scales to ounces or just convert to grams and enjoy!
Ingredients for One Batch:
10.7 oz. Distilled Water (67%)
1.1 oz. Sweet Almond Oil (7%)
1.3 oz. Shea Butter (8%)
1.4 oz. Polawax Emulsifying Wax (8%) = Emulsifying Wax NF
0.3 oz. Yellow Beeswax (2%)
0.2 oz. Lemon Honey Fragrance Oil
0.8 oz. Honeyquat (5%)
0.2 oz. Chamomile Extract (1%) or your could substitute Pure Oat Oil if preferred
0.2 oz. Optiphen (1%) = Nipaguard SCV
1/2 Tbsp. Colloidal Oatmeal
Four x 4 oz (125ml) Bail Jars or other cosmetic containers
EQUIPMENT PREP: Disinfect your utensils by dipping them in a 5% bleach water solution and allowing to dry. This includes mixing containers, your stick blender, and any spoons or spatulas that may come in contact with your mask. Your products must be as free of germs, bacteria, and microbes as possible.
- In a large heat-safe container, add 10.7 ounces of distilled water. Heat in the microwave until the water is about 160° F.
- In a separate small heat-safe container, combine 1.3 ounces of shea butter, 1.1 ounces of sweet almond oil, 1.4 ounces of Polawax Emulsifying Wax, and 0.3 ounces of yellow beeswax. Heat in the microwave on 30-60 second bursts until the waxes are fully melted and the mixture is about 180° F.
- Check the temperature of both containers - they should be about 160° F. When they’re ready, tap your stick blender on the bottom of the bowl to release bubbles. Pour the oils and wax into the water and begin pulsing the stick blender for 60-90 seconds, making sure it's fully emulsified.
- Continue stick blending until the temperature drops to about 130-140° F. Add 0.2 ounces of Lemon Honey Fragrance Oil, 0.2 ounces of Optiphen, 0.8 ounces of honeyquat, and 0.2 ounces of chamomile extract. Stick blend for another 60-90 seconds.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of colloidal oatmeal and stick blend for about 30 seconds until fully combined and there are no longer any chunks.
- Pour the mixture into jars. Allow the jars to cool for about 1-2 hours with the lid open to prevent condensation. Secure the lid and allow the cream to fully cool and thicken. Cut strips of the Lush Honey Wrap, apply it to the jars, and seal with tape. Enjoy!