This moisturiser is nourishing, soothing and exhibits a soft, conditioned feel to the skin after application. It has a high Organic Argan Oil content, and together with our Botanical Complex 7 Herbal Extract is chock-full of goodness for your skin.
Botanical Complex 7 (BIospectrum) is EcoCert and has been clinically tested to ensure it is efficacious. Botanical Complex 7 targets inflammation and irritated skin, (please check the manufacturer’s documentation link for this information on the clinical trial findings). The benefits of this extract blend are many, including decreased TEWL (Trans Epidermal Water Loss) and therefore increased skin hydration and a soothing effect on the skin. The properties of the combined herbal extracts are: Anti-Inflammatory, anti-oxidant, skin soothing and moisturisation.
The seven herbs it contains are: Rosemary (Rosemary officinalis) - strong antioxidant, antiseptic; Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) anti inflammatory actions; Tea (Camellia sinensis) antioxidant; Centella (Centella asiatica) a medicinal herb in Ayurveda & Chinese Medicine - anti rheumatic, anti arthritic effects; Licorice Root (Glycyrrhiza glabra) antiviral, antimicrobial, anti inflammatory actions; Japanese Knotweed (P. cuspidatum) antioxidant, anti inflammatory actions; Skullcap (P. cuspidatum) antioxidant, anti inflammatory.
Water Phase (Phase A)
Oil Phase (Phase B)
Additives Phase (Phase C)
Microwave safe jug - 1 x 1200ml volume or larger
Microwave safe jug - 1 x 500ml
Scales, preferably digital
Spatulas, spoons, paper towels etc
Stick blender or stand mixer (not a balloon whisk)
Isopropyl Alcohol and Spritz bottle
If you have never made a moisturiser before, we recommend you read the full tutorial and Introduction Tutorial Here
- Spray the stick blender blades with Isopropyl Alcohol and allow to air dry. Also ensure all other equipment is clean and as sanitary as possible
- Set out ingredients and equipment and prepare work surface
- Combine Phase A ingredients in large jug, cover and heat in microwave until around 75°C, and remove from microwave
- Combine Phase B ingredients in smaller jug (except Silc Oliv) and heat in microwave until around 75°C, then remove from microwave
- Add the Silc Oliv to the Phase B ingredients and stir in manually
- Check the temperature of both Phases and if they are both 70°C or just above combine with stirring (stick blender can do the job)
- You will see the water phase immediately turn milky when you add Phase B
- Mix intermittently during cool down to keep the mixture emulsified
- Add Phase C ingredients and give a quick blast to ensure they are well combined
- Continue with intermittent stick blending and manual stirring until the mixture has reached 25 - 30°C
Note: If using "Add to Trolley" the list does not contain any Fragrance or Essential Oils, you can add your preferred scents separately. The trolley items include 1 x 10 pack 120ml Double Wall Jars; if you prefer Tottles or Malibu Tubes, simply delete the jars and add tubes manually to your order.
Also required is Distilled Water from the supermarket or hydrosol or floral water.