Olive Squalane is a light and stable version of olive oil squalene with a long shelf life. It is extremely useful (and widely used) as an emollient, skin conditioner and carrier oil in cosmetic applications and hair care. Olive Squalane is found in human sebum at a level of 12 per cent. Olive Squalane is often referred to as "Nature's Facelift" or "Facelift in a Bottle" - that might be over stating it's attributes, but it's a skin care store cupboard essential.
Easy to emulsify, Olive Squalane is soluble in most cosmetic oils including Cyclomethicone.
Our pure Olive Squalane is premium quality, and an elegant emollient with exceptional spreading properties and skin absorption.
Use in emulsions, balms, facial serums, conditioners and massage oils, or as a carrier for essential oils. It is just wonderful in facial blends along, or amazing when combined with some Dimethicone as well!
- Emollient - Softens and moisturses very dry and aging skin
- Highly Stable - long shelf life, resists oxidation
- Moisturisers and Lotions - excellent in facial products particularly
- Treatment Oils - use neat or combine with other luxury ingredients for mature skin
- Lip Products - helpful for dry and chapped lips and as emollient
- After Sun Products - helps to rehydrate dry skin
- Anti-aging formulas - for very dry, mature and ultra sensitive skin
- Serums - able to "carry" actives
See our Camellia and Olive Leaf Extract Moisture Lotion formula and our Pure Oil Serum Formulas here
CAS No. 111-01-3
Usage Rate: Typically at 2 - 30%, however up to 100% (neat) as a treatment
Suitable for Vegans
Note: This is pure Olive Squalane - some squalane is sourced from sharks, and some is blended with other oils.
Page Updated: Jan 2015.