Handmade cold processed soap recipes
Make your own natural soap.
Making your own soap is fun, creative and the results will amaze you. Not only that, by using our handmade soaps recipes and tutorials in our recipe formulary, it’s also quite simple. Whether you are making for home, for gifts or for your soap making business, we have the recipes to help you get started.
Browse our recipe formulary
and order online to get started.
Basic soap making recipes
We offer a variety of soap recipes to provide you with a base to create your own. First off, pick one that suits your requirements and start creating. After this, you can get creative, selecting your own fragrance
s, ingredients and packaging.
Providing easy and creative DIY soap recipes
We have been making our own craft soaps for more than 25 years and selling soap supplies since 2001. We sell the DIY soap recipes and kits to make natural artisan soaps. We’d love to share our natural handmade soap recipes with the rest of Australia. Start below:
Our recipes include:
- Cold Process Soap Making RecipesCold Process soap making is the act of mixing fixed oils (common oils include Olive, Coconut and RSPO sustainable Palm Oil) with an alkali (Lye). The result is a chemical process called saponification, where the composition of the oils change with the help of the lye to create a bar of soap.
One of the main benefits of cold process soap making is that you have complete control over ingredients. The benefits of making cold process soap include the creaminess of the soap, they lather easily, and you can get real creative with colours.
- Hot Process Soap RecipesHot process soap making is a fantastic method to create handmade soap from scratch. Like cold process, hot process involves “cooking” the soap which speeds up the saponification process.
- Melt & Pour Soap RecipesMelt and Pour (M&P or MP) utilises a pre-made base that is ready to use as is. We stock Australia’s largest range of Melt and Pour Soap varieties as well as moulds, essential oils, fragrances and colours. It is also a kid-friendly activity, with no curing time, so the whole family can get involved.
- Green Tea and Lavender Creamy Soap
- Jojoba Bead Whipped Foamy Bath Butter Scrubs
- Foamy Bath Butter with Botanical Scrub Granules
- Bath RecipesMaking bath time fun and luxurious with our variety of bath soaks, bubble bombs and essential oils.
Sodium based soaps
If you are considering making cold process soap, you will need to run the recipe through a lye calculator
before starting. Don’t let the use of a calculator scare you off cold process soap making. We can show you how to make Cold Process Soap safely.
The lye calculator will help you calculate out how much lye (NaOH or KOH) to add to your soap recipe. Simply choose whether you are making solid or liquid soap, and using grams or ounces, enter the amount (by weight) of each oil you are using, and select your superfatting level.
We’ve included a list of online calculators
to help. This habit is important to develop because it ensures that all handmade soap recipes you use are correct when you start. It will also encourage you to start exploring on your own with new and improved formulas that you have created.
This information is provided for personal use only and remains the copyrighted property of the author/s. We do hope you enjoy using our recipes, but please respect the time, effort and hard work we put into creating them. This information is not to be republished in any medium whatsoever without the written permission of the authors.
Browse our site and find a recipe that suits your skin’s needs. Order online
to get started